HANDGUN PERMIT APPLICANTS
You MUST Apply ONLINE and if necessary have the capability to scan and upload documents if necessary. The MSP website recommends using "Microsoft's
Internet Explorer" Web Browser, so if you use another Web Browser you MAY have issues using the site.
If you don’t have a Maryland Driver’s License or Maryland Identification to you will have to upload a Passport Type Photograph. The ONLY Residency exemptions are for Active U.S. Military Personnel and their Spouses.
The Maryland HQL is good for 10 Years and is FREE for CURRENT Maryland Handgun Carry Permit Holders. Renewals are FREE but if you lose your HQL the cost is $20.00 to replace the License.
Live Scan Fingerprints are NOT required for CURRENT Maryland Handgun Permit Holders.
Training is NOT required to get a HQL if you are a CURRENT Maryland Handgun Permit Holder
Now, here is the Application Process:
1) Go To: https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/PersonSearchResults.aspx
2) Click on Create User Account
3) After you creating your User Account, Log-On to: https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx
4) On the Web Page, click on BLUE LINK that says "Initial Application"
5) On the Drop-Down Boxes use the following Options:
-HQL Permit Exempt
6) Then click Start Application and FOLLOW the examples listed below the boxes you fill out.
7) When all the forms are filled out, submit and you should get a HQL in the mail in 2 Weeks.
FYI: You can log back onto the Web Site to check your Application Status any time after submitting the Application.
Scott's Gunsmithing Service
231 Thelma Avenue
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Phone: 410 761-9815
You can also or use our contact form.
Tuesday 10:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Wednesday 10:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Thursday 10:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Friday 10:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Saturday 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.